Friday, Feb. 5:
100th Day! I can't believe it is already the 100th day of school. Wow, it seems as though every year flies by faster and faster. It wasn't my favorite 100s Day celebration I've thrown...I was a bit grumpy due to the fact that we had another 7:30am staff meeting and I found it to be a complete waste of time. I've enjoyed some of the formative assessment stuff we have been doing, but lately the things we have been talking about are annoying me because I already do 95% of it and I feel like if you are a good teacher who is with it, you should be doing it anyway. I was also grumpy because the giant fabric 100 that I made and hung over our classroom door was torn down when I came in this morning. Not happy about that especially since I specifically asked if it would be in the way for construction and they told me no. So yeah, I wasn't quite my peppy self and our celebration was interrupted by vision and hearing screening, so my poor kids didn't get the full experience I usually give. (Not that they know the difference!)
I went from grumpy to giddy by the end of the night though. Kelly and I drove up to Ft. Collins to go see Dear John (sigh) with Anna, her friend, Amy and her sister, and our friend Lindsey. I have never seen so many girls in line before! It was insane. I felt really bad for the 5 guys who got suckered into going on the opening weekend...especially since the theater was filled with giggling girls. Kelly and I really liked the movie but the rest didn't seem to enjoy it quite as much. I guess Kelly and I really had no other expectations then Channing Tatum would be hot and the movie would be a cheesy Nicolas Sparks story. Done and done.
Saturday, Feb. 6
I spent the night at Kelly and Mike's last night. (By the way, they have the BEST couch to sleep on! I love spending the night there!) Kelly, Mike and I were going to go see the ice sculptures in Breckenridge today, but we woke up later then planned to clouds and decided it probably wasn't worth the long drive and the bad ski traffic through the tunnel on the way back down. Some year I want to go though! We decided to go to lunch at Red Robin and then go see Avatar instead. I really liked the movie, but found the 3-D glasses annoying and yet, totally hilarious! (As were some of the people sitting around us).
Sunday, Feb. 7
Super Bowl Sunday...was supposed to go to a Super Bowl party at the Vinson's, but I woke up feeling icky. Anna and I decided to just stay home and watch movies and the commercials online. (I'm not going to even pretend that I cared about the game this year. I most definitely did not).
Monday, Feb. 8
Only got 3 hours of sleep last night... being sick is no fun. Had a curriculum council meeting at the Ed Center after school. It was no fun. BUT Lis is fun and since I rarely get to see her anymore I was happy to sit by her and not pay attention. :)
Tuesday, Feb. 9
Jamila and I watched My Sister's Keeper tonight. I read the book a long time ago and had really liked it. I thought the movie was pretty well done, but you can never really get to know the characters in a movie the way you can in a book. I had a hard time with some of the movie because it made me miss my uncle all the more. It doesn't seem to get much easier with time...Love and miss him dearly.
No comments:
Post a Comment