Monday, February 22, 2010
Tonight I realized that I have not posted to my blog in 10 days...
Tonight I realized that I should probably catch up on lost days...
Tonight I realized that it is conference week and that I have zero energy...
So, tonight I decided to give you the top ten of the past ten days...
1. I bought a guitar! Matt went shopping with me on Saturday (2/13) and helped me find a pretty one that sounds great! (It does, I don't yet).
2. I learned Ode to Joy and serenaded my parents after they made a yummy Valentine's Lunch for us on Sunday.
3. President's Day + No school= teaching myself how to play guitar almost all day.
4. (2.16.10) I walked into my classroom to find a GIANT portion of my floor taped off with blue tape...apparently my classroom will be 1/4 of it's current size after Spring Break.
5. (2.17.10) On a crazy day of whacked-out students who can't handle a change in their schedule (which included a Valentine's Party on Friday, no school on Monday, and blue tape on the floor on Wednesday) I was somehow able to FINALLY make a meaningful connection with a student who I have been trying to connect with since August. (It's amazing how important a relationship with a student is! She now loves coming to school and talks to me every single morning. I could hardly get a word out of her before and now she constantly smiles and is engaged in everything we do!)
6. (2.18.10) Today I had surprise visitors to my classroom! Kelly called and said she was in the neighborhood and asked if she could stop by. To my surprise she had Nathan in tow! I was so excited because I rarely get to share my teaching world with my friends. Even if it was just for a few minutes it means a lot to me to share such an important part of my life. :)
7. (2.19.10) We went out to Sushi Hai and Fado's tonight to celebrate Nathan and Emily being in town from D.C. We witnessed impressive coverage (and cheesiness) from "That Eighties Band" and then headed to Opal to see Brian spin.
8. (2.20.10) Kelly, Mike, Nathan, Emily and I met up with Carter and Lynette in Evergreen. We spent the morning pretending we were better ice skaters then we actually were and laughing at our skills. It was a beautifully frosted morning followed by a wonderfully filling lunch at Beau Jo's. Perfection...and sore feet.
9. (2.21.10) Snowy day, warm bed, cozy Beth.
10. (2.22.10) I leave for Michigan in exactly one month! Can't wait to fill my heart with the laughter of cousins and the love of my most precious family!
No comments:
Post a Comment