Tuesday, June 9, 2009

back on track..kinda

June 3- Brugge/Brussels

Kelly, Mike and I to the train to Brugge today. I really enjoyed Brugge, it is a cute little city that has a ton of canals and cute old buildings. We went to a really nice restaurant for lunch and then went for a canal cruise. The cruise was nice and our guide was pretty funny. After our canal cruise we walked around quite a bit and explored the cute streets. We got Belgium waffles, which were WONDERFUL! I got mine with strawberries and chocolate-yummy! :) After our tasty treat we walked over to a church that has an alter holding some of Christ's blood. It kinda sounds weird when I say that, but it is true. The church was beautiful, it was so colorful and the alter of the precious blood was really cool too. It was an amazing feeling being so close to something of Jesus'. Another cool thing that happened in Brugge was when we went to a chocolate shop that people recommended and it was closed. We tried the handle just as the owner was walking up and she let us in for a private 'showing' and Kelly and Mike got some chocolate. It was so cool that she opened up just for us!

No comments: